Since 1998, he has been with the UAq EMC Laboratory, Dipartimento di Ingegneria Elettrica e dell'Informazione, Università degli Studi di L'Aquila, where he is currently a tenured Associate Professor.
His research interests include electromagnetic-compatibility (EMC) analysis, numerical modeling, and in the field of signal integrity for high-speed digital systems. He has authored or coauthored more than 120 technical papers and given several keynote lectures at international conferences. He is the holder of one European patent.
Prof. Antonini received the IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ELECTROMAGNETIC COMPATIBILITY (EMC) Best Paper Award in 1997, the CST University Publication Award in 2004, the IBM Shared University Research Award in 2004, 2005, and 2006, and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) Best Paper Award in 2008. In 2006, he received a Technical Achievement Award from the IEEE EMC Society "for innovative contributions to computational electromagnetic on the Partial Element Equivalent Circuit (PEEC) technique for EMC application".
He is a member of the TC-9 committee of the IEEE EMC Society and Vice Chairman of the TC-10 committee. He serves as reviewer for a number of international journals and as a member of the Editorial Board of the IET Science, Measurements and Technology journal.
- PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering, University of Rome "La Sapienza", 1998
- Laurea Degree in Electrical Engineering, University of L'Aquila, 1994
- Associate Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, University of L'Aquila, 2005 - present
- Senior Researcher , Department of Electrical Engineering, University of L'Aquila, 2001 - 2005
- Researcher, Department of Electrical Engineering, University of L'Aquila, 1998 - 2001
- Programming in Fortran, Matlab
- Advanced user of CST Suite, ADS, Hyperlynx
- Management of Scientific Programs